Pedal Power ACT is the largest cycling organisation in Australia’s Capital Territory.
We represent the interests of people who already ride bicycles and those who would like to.
Our organisation is social and also works consistently with local government on all bicycle riding related matters. Pedal Power ACT is all about supporting the community to be active and providing opportunities to do so.
Benefits of becoming a member:
- 24/7 rider's insurance (public liability and personal accident)
- Pedal Power ACT cycling event member rates
- Canberra Cyclist magazine subscription
- Access to ride groups and social events
- Bike maintenance courses
- Advocacy representation to government
- Discounted Pedal Power ACT merchandise
- Discounts at selected Canberra based bike shops, adventure stores, cafes and more
“I was beset with cramps at the bottom of Fitz’s on the return journey of the 80k and walked most of the way back. I was overwhelmed by the offers of support from the more serious riders on their return journeys, actually willing to stop if I asked. It was a great feeling of belonging. Thanks to all the organisers and volunteer helpers, you did a great job and I will be back next year.”
On 1 June, registrations will open for the 2016 Fitz’s Challenge – Canberra’s toughest long distance cycling event – to be held on Sunday 30 October.More.