The governance of Pedal Power ACT is vested in a Board and Executive (office bearers). The Pedal Power Corporate Governance Statement is available to members by contacting the Pedal Power office. Pedal Power ACT members are always welcome at board meetings. General members may bring items for discussion with due notice to the Secretary, participate in discussion of the item and any other business, but may not vote.
Our Constitution (or Rules)
Pedal Power ACT undertook a review of its Constitution in 2012. New rules were adopted at the 2013 Annual General Meeting and were modified at the 2016 Annual General Meeting when the 'Council' was renamed the 'Board'.
The previous superseded rules had been in place since the 2005 Annual General Meeting.
Pedal Power ACT management policies are under continual review and development. Procedures may be created where a policy effects the management of the organisation. The general process followed is:
- A policy is proposed, or required by statute.
- Draft is created and endorsed by the Board.
- Draft policy is published on web site as 'draft policy' for member comment.
- Draft policy advertised to members via web site, Canberra Cyclist and e-bulletin.
- Final policy is prepared after consideration of member comments.
- Final policy is adopted by the members, usually requires a specially called meeting.
- Final Pedal Power policy launched, added to the rules and placed on this page.
Other governance documents include:
- Pedal Power ACT directions statement
- Pedal Power ACT Strategic Review 2015-17
- Child protection strategy
- Member protection policy
- Volunteer management policy
- Risk management policy
- Life Membership Policy
- Pedal Power Governance Policy
- Sub-Committee and Working Group Policy
- Delegations Policy
- Prospective Board member information 2016
- Document Management Policy
- Membership Services Committee