Pedal Power ACT is an organisation run BY bike riders FOR bike riders.
It is thanks to the work carried out by volunteers that Pedal Power ACT is such a strong and effective organisation. And we know we have more members interested in giving up their time because they are passionate about cycling in Canberra.
Pedal Power volunteers are serving the Canberra community through advocacy work to promote better cycling facilities and infrastructure, and providing member services including events, social rides, insurance, local bike shop discounts, and more.
We want Pedal Power to keep building into a stronger and more active organisation. We have members involved in helping with everything from assisting at events, holding community outreach stalls, submitting policy proposal changes, and helping with office administration.
We are sure you have lots of skills you can bring to Pedal Power!
Come and join the Pedal Power volunteer team to help us grow and develop in the coming years.
How can you help us?
Our current and upcoming opportunities include:
Join us on Thursday 27th August, 6-7pm to hear from some volunteers about their volunteering experiences, and to find out how you can get involved.
When: Thursday 27th August, 6-7pm
Where: meeting room 6, Griffin Centre, 20 Genge Street, Canberra ACT 2601
RSVP: please RSVP by Friday 21st August for catering purposes
Check regularly as these positions will change depending on demand!
- Advocacy team: Have you always wanted to help make improvements to get more people cycling, more often in Canberra? Join our Advocacy Team to make cycling in Canberra more accessible. The Advocacy team also works in specific areas, such as infrastructure improvements and rider safety and cultural change.
- Communication team: Are you keen to develop, improve, and implement effective communication channels for the Pedal Power ACT and Canberra cycling community? We need you to help us get the message out there, join our team in a few ways: website; social media; magazine; and other cycling-related coverage.
- Fundraising team: Does money make you excited? We want people with experience raising money and managing money to join the fundraising and financial team – find out more here!
- Social team: Are you the one always organising social gatherings and catch ups? We know our members love cycling – but we also know our members want a chance to chat, share stories, and attend fun events! Our social team works hard to pull off exciting social events – could you lend a hand?
- Program teams: Are you passionate about cycling and keen to share those skills with others? Our programs team is growing and we want you to join us! Program coordinators and program assistants, coach / instructors or Ride Leaders, and Fitability tandem cyclists, come join us today.
- Events team: Do you want to be a part of delivering some of Canberra’s leading cycling events? We have a packed calendar and know our events can’t be pulled off with our incredible dedicated volunteers. Find out more here, and let us know if you are keen to help out so we can provide a list of roles we need for upcoming events!
- Member services team: Did you know our membership base has grown by over 2,500 members in the last year? We want to ensure our members are getting the best value from their membership, so we need a team to be getting in touch our members and to help out with vital office administration tasks.
- Outreach team: Have you been busy encouraging your friends and family to join Pedal Power? There is always room to be reaching out to more people in the Canberra cycling community and so we want an outreach team to spread the word about Pedal Power.
Sign up here:
Ring us on 02 6248 7995, or send an email through too email@example.com to express your interest.
Pedal Power Volunteer Management Policy (coming soon)
Pedal Power Volunteer Agreement (coming soon)