Let’s make Canberra the Cycling Capital of Australasia
Government taking the lead
- Statement from the Chief Minister that demonstrates commitment to cycling measures
- Financial commitment implemented by Treasury based on:
- an acknowledgement that cycling is an investment that keeps giving back
- evidence of the dividends
- an appreciation of the broader health benefits
- Commitment to Cycle Tourism
- Cohesive cooperative cross-government cycling development
- Boosting Active Travel Office
- Integration with Transport Canberra
Building and Maintaining Infrastructure
- Completion of a convenient and safe cycling network
- Maintenance of current facilities
- Separated Cycling infrastructure
- Bike Friendly Town centres (some select recent submissions)
- Safety and convenience
- More women cycling
- Young people participating – school based initiatives
- Encouragement and support to build confidence for using facilities
- A range of cycling activities, including recreation, commuting and competitive sport
Pedal Power ACT will continue to work towards and advocate for these policy aims. You can find out what we’re doing on our Recent Activities page.
We want to hear from you about issues you regard as important.
Have your say and help shape our priorities and direction by completing the Pedal Power ACT 2016 Election Survey.
Authorised by J. Armstrong.