Pedal Power ACT is undertaking cordon counts around the town centres again this year and invites you to register for positions as paid counters.
The ACT cordon count program involves counting the number of people walking or riding bikes at into and out of ACT town centres. The objective is to collect consistent and comprehensive data to monitor travel pattern changes and assist the ACT Government in the planning of the transport network.
Counters are paid $25 per hour - $150 per day for two three hour sessions.
When and where:
- Belconnen town centre and the University of Canberra campus – Thursday 7 March 2019
- Civic town centre and the ANU campus – Tuesday 5 March 2019
- Gungahlin town centre – Thursday 28 February 2019
- Tuggeranong town centre – Wednesday 27 February 2019
- Woden town centre – Wednesday 6 March 2019
The counts will be undertaken at each location:
- from 7:00 am to 10:00 am
- from 4:00 pm to 7:00 pm.
Read more about the cordon count.
Register as a cordon counter.
You can register to count at each town centre separately, and for both sessions at once. If all places are taken, then register as STANDBY and you may get a position should someone withdraw. When all positions are filled, you will be advised of where you have been allocated to count and the count rules.Sign up