Who will be King or Queen of the Mountain?
This year the Rotary Rides 5 Peaks Challenge brings you The Cyclery Strava Challenge – get your climb times instantly and win some great prizes.
The best hill male and female climbers in the various age groups (24 and under, 25-34, 35-44, 45 and over) will take the honours, explained Janie Rix from The Cyclery.
She is also organising a special post-event party.
“We’re planning a Strava Podium Party to coincide with the penultimate stage of the Giro. We’ll present the best climbers with their prizes, celebrate with a few drinks, watch and talk cycling.
“This is the first time The Cyclery has been actively involved in the Rotary Rides 5 Peaks Challenge. We really love this event. It’s a great challenge for most people and a wonderful way to introduce new Canberrans to the amazing options for cycling here and all within a short ride from the city,” said Rix.
Each of the five sections corresponds with the five peaks: Mt Stromlo, Mt Pleasant, Red Hill, Mt Ainslie and Black Mountain.
To be part of the fun – and to be eligible for King and Queen of the Mountain prizes – all riders must enter the Rotary Rides Five Peaks Challenge and have the Strava app installed on your smart phone.
- Go to the App Store on your smart phone and download the free Strava app.
- Ensure that when you enter your profile details that you include your correct age.
- When you begin the 5 Peaks Challenge, ensure that the record button has been started on the Strava app. You will know if Strava has been engaged correctly because the timer will start.
- The app will automatically map your ride and allocate your ride times to each of the KOMs. At the end of the challenge, press the finish button and you will be able to instantly see your results and compare them to the other riders.
- For more information go to www.strava.com
Good luck and happy riding!