The ACT election is coming and we are holding an Election Forum for those interested in the next governments policies on cycling in the ACT.
The recent Keep Canberra Moving report from the Government showed that nearly a third of ACT survey respondents would be very unlikely to encourage their children to walk or cycle to school.
Active Travel should be achievable for everyone, but we need political champions to reassure parents that their kids will be safe while walking or riding to school. Let’s remind the politicians that we need greater investment in cycling infrastructure to make cycling as safe and accessible as possible.
The Canberra cycling community will have the opportunity to ask our political leaders questions about all things cycling at our Election Forum. Some of the questions we would like answered are:
- What level of commitment will be given to providing all school children the opportunity to ride their bike?
- What will be needed for the ACT to become the Cycling Capital of Australia?
- What is the political commitment of the leaders and the parties?
- What level of investment will the parties provide to enable more Canberrans to enjoy riding as a form of transport?
- What will the parties do to invigorate the dormant Cyclo-Tourism in the ACT and surrounds?
The forum will be conducted on Tuesday evening 27 September at Pilgrim House in the City for a 7:00pm start.
You can register for the free forum here – and start thinking of those questions!