On the 11 November 2015 – Pedal Power ACT will celebrate being 40 years old.
As part of our 40th anniversary celebrations, Pedal Power ACT is embarking on a project to document its history. Over these past 40 years, the organisation has done many things – some details of which are now unclear or lost. Can you help bring them to light?
At the moment we are looking for:
- a cassette of an episode of the Pedal Power radio show from the 1970s/1980s (Pedal Power On Air/The Pedal Power Show)
the official Pedal Power photo album from the 1980s
- a copy of Sandy Kerr’s 1975 publication ‘The Pedal Power bikeway planning guide’
- a copy of the Pedal Power TV advertisement from mid-1991
- the CD from 2005 that held a copy of the Pedal Power web site
- Trixie, the Pedal Power mobile advertising bike from the mid-late 1990s
- early Pedal Power merchandise, eg jerseys, bumper stickers, T-shirts
- original copies of the first 12 issues of the Pedal Power magazine, then called simply Pedal Power
- a copy of issue number 135 (March/April 1997) of the magazine, by then called Canberra Cyclist (to complete our collection)
- copies of annual reports, minutes of annual general meetings or other meetings prior to 2004
pdf or digital versions of the magazine earlier than issue number 184 (pdf versions of Canberra Cyclist were available around 2003)
- any other memorabilia, documents or photos relating to Pedal Power and its activities over the past 40 years.
- do you know people who have held office positions with Pedal Power ACT since it began? We are missing contact details for over 100 of these people. Please urge any individuals who held an office position at Pedal Power ACT and have not been in recent contact with us to please get in touch.
Please let us know if you think you may have anything of relevance via firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively you can drop it off at the Pedal Power ACT office or contact the project leader, Bryan Kalms, on 0416 162 575 or via email@example.com .
We will be trying to unearth more of our past over the coming year. And we will be looking for people to become involved in researching/preparing the history (for example – editors, graphic designers, proof-readers, researchers). So keep an eye on NewsWheel for more information.