Program & Event Manager (20 hours per week, with potential to expand)
Pedal Power ACT is a not for profit, community organisation that represents the bike riding interests of nearly 7000 members. We are looking for a part-time Program / Event Manager to administer our key community programs and assist in the delivery of high profile cycling events in the ACT. The position will be a job-share role with the current Program and Event Manager. This role will allow you the opportunity to put to practice your organisational, interpersonal and program management skills with a strong community focussed organisation.
The ideal candidate will have demonstrated experience in the areas of program and/or event management. Having worked previously in the not for profit or volunteer sector will be an advantage. Ideally you will possess the following skills:
- Demonstrated high level written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
- Administrative experience in event/program organisation and delivery.
- Experience in cycling program or event delivery would be advantageous.
- Organisational and time management skills.Leadership skills and capacity to innovate, motivate and problem solve.
- Knowledge of cycling infrastructure and facilities would be an advantage but is not essential.
This is an interesting and varied role with an emphasis on encouraging more Canberrans to ride their bikes. Currently we have a number of high profile events and behaviour change programs that aim to increase the number of people who ride to work or school.
Whilst flexible working arrangements can be provided, the position will be a job-share with the current Manager and has the capacity to expand as future events present themselves with the potential to event manage a major cycling racing event. Remuneration will be negotiated on experience.
To apply for this role please email your CV and a cover letter addressing your suitability against the selection criteria to John Armstrong – firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information please call John on 0412 257 990. Applications close COB Tuesday 15 March 2016. For more information about Pedal Power ACT go to www.pedalpower.org.au.
- Experience in program delivery with a community focus
- Qualifications in program or event management or a related field
- Capacity to be task oriented, work in a small team across a number of platforms
- Well-founded organisational skills and task management. Capacity to utilise project management software for Programs or Events
- Good communication skills including the capacity to work with volunteers and provide effective written communication
- Proven capacity to develop and work within a budget for a given event or program
- Utilisation of effective social media platforms for the communication of programs or events
- Capacity to develop specific marketing strategies for events and programs to reach a targeted audience.
- Demonstrate initiative in the workplace through the recognition of effective programs and the implementation of new or emerging opportunities.
- Recognise the primary objectives of Pedal Power ACT and the manner in which effective programs (or events) can assist in their development.
- Capable or working with a small team in a busy office environment