Around one thousand riders are expected to attend the Big Canberra Bike Ride on Sunday 3 March.
All rides will start and finish at the event hub on Rond Terrace which will be in operation between 6 am and 3 pm on Sunday 3 March, with set up on Saturday 2 March.
Hundreds of riders will be participating in rides on four routes as follows:
- 5 km Big Family Ride - Parkes Way from Rond Terrace to ANU tunnel
- 35 km Big Lake Ride - Parks Way, Lady Denman Drive, Scrivener Dam and Yarralumla Creek Bridge, river path to Stromlo Forest Park, return to city via path on south side of the lake and Kings Avenue Bridge.
- 65 km Big Dam Ride - Parks Way, Lady Denman Drive, William Hovell Drive, Coppins Crossing Rd, Uriarra Rd, Brindabella Rd, Cotter Rd, Adelaide Ave, Kings Ave Bridge.
- 120 km Big Tidbinbilla Ride - Parks Way, Lady Denman Drive, William Hovell Drive, Coppins Crossing Rd, Uriarra Rd, Brindabella Rd, Cotter Rd, Paddys River Rd to Tidbinbilla, and return via Cotter Rd, Adelaide Ave and Kings Avenue bridge
View map of routes.
All riders will travel over Kings Avenue bridge which we anticipate will become congested at times throughout the day.
The following road closures will occur:
- Parkes Way will be closed westbound from Kings Ave to Glenloch interchange Terrace from 6.45 am to 11.15 am
- Lady Denman Drive will be closed from 6.45 am to 9.45 am
- William Hovell Road from Coulter to Coppins Crossing Westbound will be closed from 7. 15 am to 9.15 am
- William Hovell Road Eastbound turning right onto Coppins Crossing will be closed from 7. 15 am to 9.15 am
We encourage all Canberra riders to join us at the event and participate in one of the rides. We ask all riders not participating to take care when riding in these locations.
Find out more about Big Canberra Bike Ride on Sunday 3 March.