Road resealing works will occur on a section of the two northbound lanes from Saturday 3 March until Monday 5 March 2018.
Road resurfacing works will also be undertaken on Mapleton Avenue, Harrison affecting both directions between Horse Park Drive and Flemington Road on Saturday 3 March, 2018.
Location and times of road resealing works on Tuggeranong Parkway:
• The works will occur on the northbound carriageway between the Cotter Road overpass at Weston Creek and the Glenloch Interchange.
• The closure to the northbound lanes of the Tuggeranong Parkway will commence from 12 am Saturday 3 March until 5 am Monday 5 March 2018.
• Motorists will be required to utilise detours as the Tuggeranong Parkway will be closed to northbound traffic. The four detours will be:
1) Turn off at Athllon Drive at Kambah, travel to Woden and access Yarra Glen to Adelaide Avenue, State Circle, Commonwealth Avenue and back along Parkes Way, Acton to the Glenloch Interchange.
2) Turn off at Hindmarsh Drive, Chifley and travel to Woden along Melrose Drive onto Yarra Glen and Adelaide Avenue, State Circle, Commonwealth Avenue and back along Parkes Way, Acton to the Glenloch Interchange.
3) Turn off at Cotter Road, Curtin and travel east along Adelaide Avenue, State Circle, Commonwealth Avenue and back along Parkes Way, Acton to the Glenloch Interchange.
4) Turn off at Cotter Road, Curtin and travel east to Lady Denman Drive, over Scrivener Dam, towards the National Arboretum under the Tuggeranong Parkway and then to Belconnen along the slip lane off Tuggeranong Parkway.
With the Proximity Corporate and Community Triathlon event on Saturday – westbound lanes of Parkes Way will be closed between Kings Avenue and the Glenloch Interchange from 5 am to 2.30 pm. Revised detours during this time will require motorists to divert onto Commonwealth Avenue, Northbourne Avenue, Barry Drive and Belconnen Way.
When the road reopens, the linemarkings will have been reinstated, the speed limit will be reduced to 80 km/h for the first 24 hours until fine material from the surface is swept off.
Location and times of road resealing works on Mapleton Avenue, Harrison:
The works will occur along both directions of Mapleton Avenue from Flemington Road to Horse Park Drive from 7 am until 2 pm on Saturday 3 March 2018. Transport Canberra buses will not be affected during these works. Traffic controllers will be on site to guide motorists through the areas.
For up-to-date information on road closures call Access Canberra on 13 22 81 or visit www.tccs.act.gov.au