The ACT Government wishes to advise motorists and other road users of temporary road closures in the City from 6 am Thursday 15 February to 6 am Monday 19 February 2018 for the National Multicultural Festival.
The following road will be closed from 6 am on Thursday 15 February to 6 am Monday 19 February:
• Tocumwal Lane at the intersection with Bunda Street.
The following roads and car parks will be closed from 12.01 am on Friday 16 February to 6 am Monday 19 February:
• Ainslie Place at the intersection with Riverside Lane.
• The car park adjacent to the North Building on the corner of Commonwealth Avenue and London Circuit.
• The car park at the rear of Bailey’s Corner.
The following road will be closed from 10 am on Friday 16 February to 5 am on Monday 19 February:
• London Circuit between Akuna Street and Northbourne Avenue.
The following roads will be closed from 10 am on Friday 16 February to 6 am Monday 19 February:
• Bunda Street between Akuna Street and Genge Street.
• Scotts Crossing at Bunda Street.
• Petrie Street at Bunda Street.
The following road will be closed from 4 pm to 6 pm on Saturday 17 February:
• Akuna Street between Bunda Street and London Circuit.
• East Row between London Circuit and City Walk.
Effects on traffic
Barriers as well as warning and diversion signs will be erected to alert people to the closures.
Effects on public transport
A number of Transport Canberra bus services will be affected by the temporary closures. From 10 am Friday 16 February the following bus stops will be closed:
• 3356 – London Circuit Legislative Assembly
• 3003 – London Circuit Commonwealth Bank
• 3004 – London Circuit after Akuna Street
On Monday 19 February 2018 all services will resume as normal.
Passengers are asked to take note of all signage in the area over this period and if they are unsure, ask a Transport Canberra staff member for assistance.
For up-to-date information on road closures please call Access Canberra on 13 22 81.
For more information on road closures please visit www.tccs.act.gov.au