Pedal Power ACT is an effective organisation because of our members, and for this reason we are always trying to find new ways to ensure we are providing our members with the best benefits and opportunities – regardless of the circumstance.
We’re pleased to announce a renewed partnership with Canberra based law firm – Snedden Hall & Gallop Lawyers (SHG). And the reason we’re pleased, is because of what they are prepared to do for the organisation’s members.
Key to this agreement that is exclusive to Pedal Power ACT members is their commitment to the reimbursement of up to 50% of the legal “gap” fees in successful personal injury cases related to bicycle accidents.
Many plaintiffs, where their claim is successful, are entitled to recover most of their costs from the at-fault party. However, there is almost always an “excess” or “gap” payment, to be paid by the plaintiff, for the fees that are not recoverable from the at-fault party. These are usually taken out of the compensation the plaintiff would otherwise receive. For Pedal Power members, those “gap” fees will be reduced by SHG by up to 50%.
As the preferred legal partners for Pedal Power ACT, SHG have a strong understanding of the needs of the cycling community and can well represent the cycling community or individual in any legal action. This renewed and improved arrangement between SHG and Pedal Power ACT means that they will now be able to provide the following service to members:
- Bicycle accident representation
- Free first consultation
- Pedal Power ACT members will be offered a “no win, no fee” arrangement (in most cases)
- Up to a 50% reduction of “gap fees” for anything unrecoverable from the at-fault party
- Free telephone consultation to members for non-bicycle accident matters
- Issues might relate to a threat of legal action, a commercial matter or a personal matter (will or property transaction).
- Pro bono assistance for a case deemed of significant importance to the cycling community (subject to specific agreement between Pedal Power ACT and SHG on a case by case basis)
- Development of an “Advice card” for cyclists to be able to easily carry on the bike.
If you’d like to enquire about accessing any of these services through SHG please contact Snedden Hall & Gallop directly on 02 6285 8000 and quote your Pedal Power ACT membership number. Visit their website at www.shglawyers.com.au for more information about the firm’s services.