The report of the Australian Vote4Cycling Partnership for the 2013 federal election has been released and outlines which of the parties has the best policies for cycling.
Since the launch of the campaign, Vote4Cycling has received statements from more than 65 candidates from 27 electorates (as of 4 September, 2013) including Ministers and other sitting MPs and nearly 3,000 Australians have signed the online petition.
Vote4Cycling has focussed on six key measures, designed to:
1. Stimulate the growth in walking and riding to school
2. Upgrade infrastructure on proven urban bicycle corridors
3. Develop recreational bicycle and walking paths
4. Develop regional infrastructure forlocal and tourist use
5. Leverage Commonwealth infrastructure projectsto liftthe level ofriding
6. Foster better road user behaviour.
You can read the full report here to determine which of the parties will get your support.
Vote4Cycling will continue to publish policy updates on their website.