Australia’s toughest cyclo-sportive challenge
Conducted by Pedal Power ACT in the Brindabella ranges to the south west of Canberra
On the last Sunday in October each year.
- 255 km FITZ’S EXTREME, a long grueling hill grinding odyssey requiring you to keep up a high average speed to complete within daylight hours (13.5 hour time limit) – with Audax brevet status and is a qualifying ride for the Audax Alpine Classic ACE 250 km
- 205 km FITZ’S EPIC, a hill grinding odyssey (13.5 hour time limit) – with Audax brevet status and is a qualifying ride for theAudax Alpine Classic ACE 250 km
- 165 km FITZ’S CLASSIC, a daunting challenge with plenty of climbing (11 hour time limit)
- 105 km THARWA CHALLENGE, this one will sneak up on the complacent (7 hour time limit)
- 50 km TIDBINBILLA CHALLENGE, designed specifically to challenge newcomers (3.5 hour time limit)
These rides by pedal-cycle are non-competitive long distance cyclo-sportive events (or tours) often called ‘randonnees’ where you ride at your own pace to finish within the time limit (we will not stop you riding if you are over the time limit provided it is still daylight). They are not races or time trials, however we record and publish your achievement with your finishing place and riding time.
Until you’ve done Fitz’s Challenge™, you can’t boast about completing the hardest ride!
Dare to cycle above your limits and achieve your personal goals.
Riders in typical (easier) terrain during Fitz’s Challenge