Upcoming Sunday Wanderers Rides
(see further below for General Information on Sunday Wanderers rides)
FIRST WANDERERS (45 to 60+ km @ 18-22km/h average speed):
Contact: Michael Braund
Sunday August 20 – 8.50 for 9.00am start Dickson College car park. Dickson, Jerrabomberra via Monaro & Pialligo Ave (55.1 kms return). MAP: https://ridewithgps.com/routes/24159823
WANDERERS 23 (60 to 80+ km @ 21-25km/h average speed):
Contact: Terry or Andrew
Sunday August 20 – 8.20 for 8.30am start car park opposite Tuggeranong Library. Along Jim Pike Road and Tidbinbilla Rd, around the Tidbinbilla Nature Reserve then to the Moon Rock café for coffee then returning to Tuggeranong (73 kms return). MAP: https://ridewithgps.com/routes/24225148
INTERMEDIATE (70 to 90+ km @ 23-26 km/h average speed):
Sunday August 20 – 7.50 for 8.00am start Dickson College car park. Uriarra loop (81 kms return).
FAST INTERMEDIATE (80 to 100+ km @ 27-30 km/h average speed):
Sunday August 20 – 7.50 for 8.00am start Dickson College car park. To Lerida Winery opposite Lake George (84 kms return). MAP: http://ridewithgps.com/routes/936991
FAST (100+ km @ 29+ km/h average speed):
Next ride details to be updated when known.
Sunday Wanderer rides are longer rides (45 kms to 100 kms +) on sealed roads around the Canberra region.
The starting place(s) can vary depending upon the group. Please check upcoming ride details at the top of this page for the latest ride information.
Starting times may also vary depending upon the group and time of year. Please check the top of this page for the latest information.
There are currently five groups to choose from:
- 60-80+ km with a longer ride (up to 100 km) once a month
- 23 km/h average speed between 21-25 km/h
- Ride grade MHXX
- Contact: Terry or Andrew
Fast Intermediate Wanderers
- Ride on sealed roads around the Canberra region including a café stop.
- Riders with adequate fitness and stamina for the group selected are most welcome.
- Groups wait for slower riders to catch up.
- Café stops include Gundaroo, Gunning, Murrumbateman, Bungendore, Queanbeyan, Tharwa and local wineries.
- Normally finished by around lunch time.
- Terms and conditions apply.