Upcoming Sunday Wanderers Rides
(see further below for General Information on Sunday Wanderers rides)
FIRST WANDERERS (45 to 60+ km @ 18-22km/h average speed):
Contact: Wendy Studman
Sunday October 22 – 7.50 for 8.00am start Dickson College car park. A ride around north and south Canberra (52.4 kms) plus optional ride up Mt Stromlo which will add an additional 7 kms.
WANDERERS 23 (60 to 80+ km @ 21-25km/h average speed):
Contact: Terry or Andrew
Sunday October 22 – 7.50 for 8.00am start Dickson College car park. To the Hills of Hall, a variation on previous Wallaroo Rd rides (about 70kms return).
INTERMEDIATE (70 to 90+ km @ 23-26 km/h average speed):
Sunday October 22 – 7.50 for 8.00am start Dickson College car park. To Sutton via the Barton Hwy and Nanima/Murrumbateman Rds (80 kms return).
FAST INTERMEDIATE (80 to 100+ km @ 27-30 km/h average speed):
Sunday October 22 – 7.50 for 8.00am start Dickson College car park. To Lerida Winery at Lake George (85 kms return).
FAST (100+ km @ 29+ km/h average speed):
Next ride details to be updated once available.
Sunday Wanderer rides are longer rides (45 kms to 100 kms +) on sealed roads around the Canberra region.
The starting place(s) can vary depending upon the group. Please check upcoming ride details at the top of this page for the latest ride information.
Starting times may also vary depending upon the group and time of year. Please check the top of this page for the latest information.
There are currently five groups to choose from:
- 60-80+ km with a longer ride (up to 100 km) once a month
- 23 km/h average speed between 21-25 km/h
- Ride grade MHXX
- Contact: Terry or Andrew
Fast Intermediate Wanderers
- Ride on sealed roads around the Canberra region including a café stop.
- Riders with adequate fitness and stamina for the group selected are most welcome.
- Groups wait for slower riders to catch up.
- Café stops include Gundaroo, Gunning, Murrumbateman, Bungendore, Queanbeyan, Tharwa and local wineries.
- Normally finished by around lunch time.
- Terms and conditions apply.