Upcoming Sunday Wanderers Rides
(see further below for General Information on Sunday Wanderers rides)
FIRST WANDERERS (45 to 60+ km @ 18-22km/h average speed):
Contact: Michael Braund
Sunday March 26 – 7.50 for 8.00am start car park opposite Tuggeranong Library. Details of ride to be advised.
WANDERERS 23 (60 to 80+ km @ 21-25km/h average speed):
Contact: Terry or Andrew
Sunday March 26 – 7.50 for 8.00am start Dickson College car park. To Lerida Winery at lake George via Federal & Old Federal Hwys (85 kms return). MAP: https://ridewithgps.com/routes/19657743
INTERMEDIATE (70 to 90+ km @ 23-26 km/h average speed):
Sunday March 26 – 7.50 for 8.00am start car park opposite Tuggeranong Library. Tuggeranong – Tharwa – Corin Resort – Tuggeranong (70 kms return). MAP: https://ridewithgps.com/routes/19740322
FAST INTERMEDIATE (80 to 100+ km @ 27-30 km/h average speed):
Sunday March 26 – 7.50 for 8.00am start Dickson College car park. To Collector via Federal & Old Federal Hwys (105 kms return). MAP: http://ridewithgps.com/routes/976464
FAST (100+ km @ 29+ km/h average speed):
Horse park dr. Majura Parkway, Mt pleasant. Mt Ainslie, Black Mt, Coffee Braddon, Home via Barry Drive. Meet at Kuringa and Barton Hwy at 6.15 a.m. should be back home by 8.30- 9.00 Sunday Morning.
Sunday Wanderer rides are longer rides (45 kms to 100 kms +) on sealed roads around the Canberra region.
The starting place(s) can vary depending upon the group. Please check upcoming ride details at the top of this page for the latest ride information.
Starting times may also vary depending upon the group and time of year. Please check the top of this page for the latest information.
There are currently five groups to choose from:
- 60-80+ km with a longer ride (up to 100 km) once a month
- 23 km/h average speed between 21-25 km/h
- Ride grade MHXX
- Contact: Terry or Andrew
Fast Intermediate Wanderers
- Ride on sealed roads around the Canberra region including a café stop.
- Riders with adequate fitness and stamina for the group selected are most welcome.
- Groups wait for slower riders to catch up.
- Café stops include Gundaroo, Gunning, Murrumbateman, Bungendore, Queanbeyan, Tharwa and local wineries.
- Normally finished by around lunch time.
- Terms and conditions apply.