Upcoming Sunday Wanderers Rides
(see further below for General Information on Sunday Wanderers rides)
FIRST WANDERERS (45 to 60+ km @ 18-22km/h average speed):
Contact: Michael Braund
Sunday April 23 – 8.50 for 9.00am start Dickson College car park. Dickson – Kowen – airport loop (51kms return). Map: https://ridewithgps.com/routes/7140074
WANDERERS 23 (60 to 80+ km @ 21-25km/h average speed):
Contact: Terry or Andrew
Sunday April 23 – 7.50 for 8.00am start Dickson College car park. To Gundaroo via Shingle Hill Road and returning via East Tallagandra Lane (84kms return). Coffee stop at the Cork St Cafe.
INTERMEDIATE (70 to 90+ km @ 23-26 km/h average speed):
Sunday April 23 – 7.50 for 8.00am start Dickson College car park. To Collector (110 kms return).
FAST INTERMEDIATE (80 to 100+ km @ 27-30 km/h average speed):
Sunday April 23 – 7.50 for 8.00am start Dickson College car park. To Lerida Winery via the Old Federal Highway (84kms return). We may have time to go a little further on the New Highway past Lerida and loop back for coffee (Lerida opens at 10).
FAST (100+ km @ 29+ km/h average speed):
Next ride details to be updated once available.
Sunday Wanderer rides are longer rides (45 kms to 100 kms +) on sealed roads around the Canberra region.
The starting place(s) can vary depending upon the group. Please check upcoming ride details at the top of this page for the latest ride information.
Starting times may also vary depending upon the group and time of year. Please check the top of this page for the latest information.
There are currently five groups to choose from:
- 60-80+ km with a longer ride (up to 100 km) once a month
- 23 km/h average speed between 21-25 km/h
- Ride grade MHXX
- Contact: Terry or Andrew
Fast Intermediate Wanderers
- Ride on sealed roads around the Canberra region including a café stop.
- Riders with adequate fitness and stamina for the group selected are most welcome.
- Groups wait for slower riders to catch up.
- Café stops include Gundaroo, Gunning, Murrumbateman, Bungendore, Queanbeyan, Tharwa and local wineries.
- Normally finished by around lunch time.
- Terms and conditions apply.