Pedal Power ACT is an independent not-for-profit organisation, principally funded by membership fees. We work with allies in government, business and community to champion cycling in Canberra. We are proud to partner with the following organisations who help us achieve our mission to get more Canberrans cycling, more often.
Program partner: ACT Government
Pedal Power is supported by funding from the ACT Government as follows:
- 2020-22 Sport and Recreation Triennial Operational Assistance Grant
- 2021 Events ACT: ACT Event Fund
- 2021 Sport and Recreation Capital Assistance program (trails in the Cotter Pines)
- 2020 Sport and Recreation Coronavirus Impact Support Package
- 2020 Sport and Recreation Capital Assistance Program (trails in the Cotter Pines)
- 2020 Sport and Recreation Inclusive participation funding program.
Event partner Amy Gillett Foundation
The Amy Gillett Foundation is the official charity partner for Pedal Power ACT’s annual celebration of cycling, the Big Canberra Bike Ride. The Amy Gillett Foundation is a national organisation with one single purpose – to reduce the incidence of death and serious injury of cyclists in Australia.
We encourage all Big Canberra Bike Ride participants to help us achieve our shared aim of creating a safer cycling environment by fundraising for the Amy Gillett Foundation.
Find out more about the work the Amy Gillet Foundation is doing to improve cycle safetyVisit website
Legal partners Snedden Hall & Gallop
Snedden Hall & Gallop is a long term supporter of Pedal Power ACT, and our preferred legal provider. As legal cycling experts, they offer Pedal Power members:
- free telephone consultation on any Personal Injury issue to a Pedal Power ACT member.
- SHG may agree a special rate (or indeed pro bono) for provision of legal services which have significance to the cycling community.
Pedal Power ACT works with a range of organisations to deliver its events, courses and other activities, including:
- Cycle City
- Hartley Lifecare
- Hammer Nutrition
- Mulga Bicycle Tours
- WICEN – Wireless Institute Civil Emergency Network (park of the Canberra Region Amateur Radio Club)
- Amnesty International