Vulnerable road user safety
Pedal Power is calling for changes to road transport legislation to better reflect community expectations around road safety.LEARN MORE
We regularly provide submissions to government about how proposals or funding can best support cycling.LEARN MORE
Environment and Participation team
How can we support more Canberrans to ride more often?LEARN MORE
What have we been working on in the inner north and inner south?LEARN MORE
What have we been working on in the Gungahlin region?LEARN MORE
What have we been working on in Belconnen?LEARN MORE
What have we been working on in Woden and Weston Creek?LEARN MORE
What have we been working on in Tuggeranong?LEARN MORE
Our wish lists
We've compiled a wish list per region of Canberra.SEE THEM HERE!
Pedal Power is proud of the work we do to help shape the design of our city with its extensive network of paths and cycle lanes.
In addition to the regular work we undertake to provide input into plans, designs, developments and traffic management, we continue to make significant improvements for all Canberra bike riders. As a direct result of our advocacy efforts, the ACT has:
- Minimum distance passing laws
- Laws to allow people to cycle over crossings at less than 10 km/hr, the only jurisdiction in Australia where this is permitted
- The best bicycle parking guidelines in Australia
- Bike racks on almost every bus in Canberra
- Bike parking all over our city
- Greatly-improved active travel design standards.
- Separated cycle infrastructure such as the civic cycle loop, the Belconnen bikeway, and the Woden bikeway
- An Active Travel Office within the ACT Government dedicated to increasing walking and cycling in our city.