22 Aug 22 | By pp-admin | Rider Alerts
Advice from Transport Canberra and City Services: Upcoming intersection works and road closure
One of the first construction activities on site will be the demolition of traffic islands and the roundabout at the intersection of Novar Street and Dudley Street and the placement of concrete barriers to enable construction works to be undertaken safely. To facilitate these activities there will be two weekend road closures.
Kent Street will be closed in both directions between Denison Street and Novar Street from:
- 7 am Saturday 27 August to 7 am Monday 29 August 2022; and
- 7 am Saturday 3 September to 7 am Monday 5 September 2022.
If for any reason one of these road closures is unable to take place, work will continue on the following weekend.
During these road closures vehicles will be unable to:
- turn left from Denison Street onto Kent Street
- exit from Adelaide Avenue onto Kent Street (north and southbound)
- turn right from Dudley Street onto Kent Street or continue straight onto Adelaide Avenue (vehicles will still be able to turn left onto Novar Street from Dudley Street)
- continue straight from Novar Street to head onto Kent Street and across the bridge to Deakin (southbound) or to turn right into Dudley Street.
Adelaide Avenue off-ramp works
Works are underway in the verge alongside the Adelaide Avenue off-ramp. During these works a short section of one of the off-ramp lanes will be closed, however vehicles will still be able to turn left and right onto Kent Street at the top of the off-ramp.
Updates will continue to be provided via the City Services project page.