It is that time of year again! Fitz’s Challenge is back, and we are seeking volunteers to help out at this iconic event.
Fitz’s is an iconic Canberra road cycling challenge event managed by Pedal Power. There are seven rides to choose from, all starting and finishing at Stromlo Forest Park. Distances range from 50km up to the gruelling 255km Extreme, traversing Namadgi National Park and beyond.
Rider numbers this year are well up on last year, with the day shaping up to be a lot of fun for riders, spectators and volunteers!
As is always the case, we rely heavily on our trusty band of volunteers to make the day a success. If you are not riding in this year’s event, why not come along and lend a hand while having a satisfying and fun day out. Jobs are many and varied across the weekend, including:
- Rider registration on Saturday afternoon and Sunday morning
- Set-up tasks on Saturday
- Assisting at Checkpoints or Feed stations (Sunday)
- Driving or assisting in Sag wagons (vehicle supplied) (Sunday)
- Looking after timing equipment at turn around points (Sunday)
- Assisting at the finish line (Sunday – mainly Sunday afternoon)
- Assisting with Pack down after the event (Sunday afternoon and Monday morning).
- Photography and videography.
If you would like to be involved, please contact us. If there are particular jobs you would like to do, please mention those, and if your time is limited, don’t hesitate to tell us the hours you are available, and we will fit you into the roster.
Fitz’s Challenge 2022 is going to be a raging success and we can’t wait to share the day with you!