This is a repeating eventoctober 23, 2021 9:00 am
Further Horizons has the aim of keeping Pedal Power New Horizons Programme graduates riding in a supportive and non-competitive atmosphere, although all riders are most welcome. Rides generally 30 to
Further Horizons has the aim of keeping Pedal Power New Horizons Programme graduates riding in a supportive and non-competitive atmosphere, although all riders are most welcome. Rides generally 30 to 40 kms at an average speed of 15 to 19 km/h, and mostly on cycle paths or quiet roads. A new leader and a different route each week (with a different starting point).
Ride details (starting point, starting time and route) will be updated below a few days before each ride.
NEXT RIDE DETAILS:
To be updated when ride details become available & pending finish of ACT lockdown.
COVID19 PANDEMIC – PLEASE READ!!
Simple steps for riders participating in Pedal Power social rides during current Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic
- Use common sense: think how your actions will affect others.
- If you are feeling at all unwell, don’t attend a ride.
- Bring your own pen to sign-on at the start of each social ride. Try to avoid touching the sign on sheet with your hand
- Use hand sanitiser before and after signing-on.
- Avoid touching your face.
- Social distancing is essential during the ride and if you are having a coffee stop. It also applies to pre-and post-ride gatherings.
- Keep up-to-date with official and reputable sources of advice prior to riding with a group:
- ACT Department of Health:
- Federal Department of Health:
- If you are diagnosed with COVID-19 after attending a Pedal Power ride, please notify the office as soon as possible on 02 6248 7995 or email@example.com
Please respect that our Ride Leaders are volunteers. They take all care when conducting a ride but in the end are not responsible for the actions of individual riders. Your Ride Leader may cancel a ride, or request a rider not participate.
Please arrive 15 minutes prior to the listed start time.
Anyone is eligible to join our social rides. You do not have to be a Pedal Power member, however, we recommend you join so that you are covered by our member insurance. Our insurance provides personal accident and public liability cover any time you ride, anywhere in the world.
If you are joining for the first time, contact the listed ride leader and let them know you will be attending. It is your responsibility to choose a ride that is suitable for your skills and fitness.
Please familiarise yourself with our social ride Terms and Conditions before you ride.
(Saturday) 9:00 am - 11:45 am
To be advised each week