This is a repeating eventoctober 24, 2021 8:30 am
Distances: 70 km 100 km with the occasional ride up to 120 km Road surfaces: sealed roads Routes: on sealed country roads around the Canberra Region (some urban roads to
Distances: 70 km 100 km with the occasional ride up to 120 km
Road surfaces: sealed roads
Routes: on sealed country roads around the Canberra Region (some urban roads to get in and out of the city) – with a café stop
Average ride speeds: around 22 km/h – if you ride faster than 23 km/h or slower than 21 km/h you should ride with another Wanders group such as Wanders 21, 25, 27 or 29.
Ride conditions: unsupported rides with riders travelling in groups at similar speeds or independently with regrouping stops and waiting for slower riders
Rider requirements: riders should have reasonable fitness and experience of riding the stated distances and speeds
Starting places: Normally Dickson shopping centre car park between library and Cowper St, with a once a month (normally) in the car park opposite the Tuggeranong Library in Cowlishaw Avenue – other starting places may be used.
Starting times: October to May at 8 am, June to September at 8:30 am – riders should arrive at least 15 minutes before the start time for signing on, hearing the briefing, etc as we intend to ride off at the designated starting time
Weekly ride details: are advised in the email sent to subscribers.
To receive Pedal Power ACT Sunday Wanderers 23 emails advising about forthcoming rides sign up here <http://eepurl.com/g9tFDn>
You can unsubscribe at any time.
The starting place, starting time and route may vary from week to week. When available, ride details will be updated here in the events calendar in the week before each ride.
NEXT RIDE DETAILS:
To be updated when ride details become available & pending finish of ACT lockdown.
COVID19 PANDEMIC – PLEASE READ!!
Simple steps for riders participating in Pedal Power social rides during current Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic
- Use common sense: think how your actions will affect others.
- If you are feeling at all unwell, don’t attend a ride.
- Bring your own pen to sign-on at the start of each social ride. Try to avoid touching the sign on sheet with your hand
- Use hand sanitiser before and after signing-on.
- Avoid touching your face.
- Social distancing is essential during the ride and if you are having a coffee stop. It also applies to pre-and post-ride gatherings.
- Keep up-to-date with official and reputable sources of advice prior to riding with a group:
- ACT Department of Health:
- Federal Department of Health:
- If you are diagnosed with COVID-19 after attending a Pedal Power ride, please notify the office as soon as possible on 02 6248 7995 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Please respect that our Ride Leaders are volunteers. They take all care when conducting a ride but in the end are not responsible for the actions of individual riders. Your Ride Leader may cancel a ride, or request a rider not participate.
Please arrive 15 minutes prior to the listed start time.
Anyone is eligible to join our social rides. You do not have to be a Pedal Power member, however, we recommend you join so that you are covered by our member insurance. Our insurance provides personal accident and public liability cover any time you ride, anywhere in the world.
If you are joining for the first time, contact the listed ride leader and let them know you will be attending. It is your responsibility to choose a ride that is suitable for your skills and fitness.
Please familiarise yourself with our social ride Terms and Conditions before you ride.
(Sunday) 8:30 am - 1:00 pm