This is a repeating eventjuly 19, 2022 8:30 am
A 50 to 70km undulating to hilly ride with a target average speed of 19 to 23 km/h on sealed rural roads routes. There will be regrouping at appropriate locations
A 50 to 70km undulating to hilly ride with a target average speed of 19 to 23 km/h on sealed rural roads routes. There will be regrouping at appropriate locations along the route with a café stop towards the end of each ride.
Tuesday Tourers 21’s practices are:
- Ride Tuesday mornings, start and finish at Duffy shops– start times change with season. Rides may be rescheduled to Wednesday to take advantage of better weather forecast
- 1st priority on safety – including route selection on inherently safe sealed rural roads, and no formal bunch riding
- 2nd priority on collegiality – including scheduled regrouping to assist with breakdowns and care of new or slower riders, and a cafe break at or towards the end of each ride
- Route length 50-70 km – medium to hard, with hilly terrain
- Average speed target range 18-24 kph – riders normally split into sub-groups that share similar speeds and strength, and
- All rides led by an accredited Pedal Power day ride leaders, and
- Weekly ride notices include start time, route descriptor, and ride leader’
Rarely, if an accredited ride leader is not available to lead a ride, those gathering at the starting point can organise a ride of their choice, but the ride will not be a programmed Pedal Power ACT ride.
Please respect that our ride leaders are volunteers. They take all care when conducting a ride but in the end are not responsible for the actions of individual riders. Your ride reader may cancel a ride, or request a rider not participate.
Anyone is eligible to join our social rides. You do not have to be a Pedal Power ACT member, however, we recommend you join so that you are covered by our member insurance. Our insurance provides personal accident and public liability cover any time you ride, anywhere in the world.
(Tuesday) 8:30 am - 12:30 pm