Please ensure you understand the following before you ride with us.
- You must provide your contact details to the ride leader and sign the ‘ride sign on sheet’ to accept our Terms and Conditions (see below).
- You do not have to be a Pedal Power member, however, we recommend you join so you are covered by our member insurance. Our insurance provides personal accident and public liability cover any time you ride, anywhere in the world.
- You must have an Australian Standards certified helmet to join our rides.
- It is your responsibility to choose a ride that is suitable for your fitness, skills, and bike.
Terms and conditions
By coming on a Pedal Power ride, you accept the following terms and conditions:
- When requested by the ride leader before starting a ride you will complete a ride sign-on sheet that nominates an emergency contact and in which you accept these conditions of entry.
- Cycling can be a hazardous activity, particularly in traffic or among pedestrians. You accept you are at risk and may suffer or cause injury or property loss or damage. You must take care to avoid injury or damage to yourself and others.
- If you are under 18 years of age you must be accompanied by a suitable adult throughout the ride.
- You confirm that you and any children in your care have sufficient competence and experience to participate safely in the ride.
- You agree to waive to the extent permitted by law, any claim, right or cause of action which: you personally, and each child in your care, and your and your child’s heirs, executors and administrators may have in contract and civil wrongs law, arising from any personal injury, damage or loss arising out of the ride.
This release from liability operates in contract law in favour of Pedal Power ACT Incorporated, and all officers, members, volunteers and employees of Pedal Power and all sponsors of the ride or event and operates whether the damage is due to any act or neglect of any of them.
- You agree to wear a helmet or show the ride leader a current medical exemption for a helmet.
- You agree to obey all road rules whilst on the ride.
- You are totally self-sufficient and provide your own water, food, tools, pump, spares, puncture repair kits, first aid materials and whatever else you desire on unsupported rides unless explicitly stated otherwise.